Monday 4 January 2016

Hunt the Poo, and Charlie starts Work

This week we have mostly been playing Hunt the Poo.  It looks the same as the beech leaves that are covering the minis field. Its like one of those hidden object games.  And I'm not complaining about the sun, but having it shining in your eyes does not help. New Years Day was a particular challenge, having had no sleep!!!


















And so today Charlie officially started his training. I am not planning on rushing anything.  It will take as long as it takes. There is no time limit, and I don't want to skip a bit.  Also I have no set plan.  We'll see how it all goes.
Today I simply got him out, tied him up the gate (Yes Yes, before you all start shouting....I did use baler twine), fitted him with a lunging cavesson and spent 15 minutes in my 'school' asking him to move out and around me.  Which he did beautifully.   Then we finished off with a little "Follow Me".  I walk, he follows, I stop, he stops, I change direction, yes you guessed it. The object is to keep him glued to me. Finished off of course with much petting and a parsnip!















No comments:

Post a Comment