Saturday 9 January 2016

What A Good Boy

I am so pleased with Charlie......that probably means something will go wrong. But so far all is good.  He seems to be really enjoying his 'work'.  I don't really like using a cavesson....I find them heavy and unnecessary, so I am just working him off a head collar.  The last 2 days he has been wearing a poly pad on his back with a surcingle. It hasn't been a problem at all.  He has got the hang of 'lunging' very loosely. As in he's picked up the going round in circles.  At the moment we only have trot and whoa.....but the other pace commands will come in time.  We have been carrying on with the 'follow me' games, and getting used to the mounting block.  He is happy to stand next to it, while I lean over him.  Soooo tempting to slide a leg over.  But not yet.
Today I lead him up to a pallet that was laying around.  He sniffed it, then walked over it.  Family Pony here we come..............

Proud in grown up clothes.




















No comments:

Post a Comment