Saturday 9 July 2016

Cracked It, Baths and Balloons

This week Charlie has been a star.  I have caught him up for 3 days for a feed and a fuss.  I have been using a slightly different approach.  Walking in the field, veering away from him, and approaching him from the side.  Rope round neck, head-collar on. No Problem.
So we started work again.  Playing in the round pen....with scary things like blowing plastic....which he tried to eat.  Chairs and Balloons......which he tried to eat.
Getting on and off.  No tack, no helper, no fuss.
Yesterday he approached me in the field and blew into my face.  So I blew into his nostrils....he blew back.  No biggie?  Well he has never accepted this form of greeting before....So its a huge step as far as I am concerned.

The Shetlands have been bathed.  Neither of them like it.  Sweet Pea can rear vertically.......and does.  Debatable who was the wettest today.



No comments:

Post a Comment