Saturday 20 February 2016

I've Got A Cold.....Moan, Moan, Moan!

Ok I hate it when people bang on about having a head-cold, and how ill they are.  Having PAH, (dodgy lungs and a dicky ticker), I find people going on about colds a little, shall we say, trivial.  But I have been really ill with this damn cold!! It's been a real effort to go and hay and poo-pick the ponies.  So they have had no work at all. Jo has been ill too.  In fact on Wednesday we both felt so rough, and it was raining.  We did the hay and water, checked they were all warm and dry, and most importantly, alive, and left the poo.  Luckily the sun was out Thursday, and for my part I had had about 12 hours sleep.

We have been so 'not with it', that the hay had nearly run out, and the guys couldn't deliver until last night.  Luckily we have a friend over the road that has a 5* yard for her shetlands. I mean, these guys are looked after like the most expensive race-horses.  So we bought some bales of last years £6 per bale hay, that they won't eat.  Wow!  It was so green and soft.....The absolute Ritz of hay. Our lot have attacked it like they were starving.  Today they have had to go back to the normal stuff......which is actually excellent hay, and costs £30 for a big round bale, perfectly good enough for natives.  Bet they are on the phone to the RSPCA right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment