Friday 28 June 2024

Green Green Grass and a Mini Heatwave

 Hi Guys,

Only 2 weeks late on my promised update!  I know all 5 of you have been waiting with baited breath to find out if I finally snapped a picture of the celebrity I had been stalking for the Top Barn Treasure Hunt.......The answer was NO.  Although I saw him the very next day after the Treasure Hunt ended!!! Waving from his car as we passed in the lane. So i made a celebrity pic up.  I give you Pamela Anderson (complete with rolled up socks in the chest area) 😉😉












So as we all know, June continued as May, with more rain. Daily rain. And a cold North wind, keeping us all wrapped up in fleeces.  But the temperatures were just high enough for the grass to grow like mad, along with the ponies hooves. My playpen has never had so much grass on it, distracting Charlie during Liberty Agility. And so Daisy did what Daisy does best and went lame on me. I had the wonderful Jade Monahan out to give her a full Masterson Body work, and the poor Farrier had his work cut out trimming back all those overgrown feet. But, despite the Track looking fairly bare, There is still too much Green Green Grass!  The enemy of Native Ponies, so I have to conclude Daisy has mild laminitus.

https://www.facebook.com/jademonahan.esmt   Your horse will thank you.

Daisy and I are entered for our first online Trek competition with the Alternative Equine Club but we have until the end of August, so no panics yet!  Charlie and I had fun completing the Liberty Agility competition despite the snack breaks. We had a paddling pool in the course this month.  Trying to keep the water in on a slope was a 'thing' though. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/6JUO3n4Wvxo?si=M8QxSKXXVsa1lSIO

And so as you all know I have Dodgy Lungs and a Dicky Ticker (blah blah boring) which involves a fair few check ups at Papworth Hospital, which is 80 miles inland from me.  This provides a springboard for a night away somewhere.  This time I chose The North York Moors and coast, staying at a Youth Hostel for the night. On my way back to the A1 I was able to call in on fellow Top Barner Pip Mead, and meet her wonderful Dales ponies Archie and Spartan.  Thank you Pip for your hospitality.  I have to confess, I fell in love with Spartan 😍.












And just 2 weeks later I got called back to Papworth for an overnight stay and had a load of tests done to see if i'm suitable for a new drug trial. It was a bit like taking an exam, when you dont know the answers.  And like an exam, I now have to wait for the results!  And would you believe it?  Thats when the Mini Heatwave begun.  Over 30c outside, people coming in moaning that it was too hot (!) and I was in 2 blankets in the air conditioned prison box (I mean hospital room). I have had a couple of days out in the heat though so its all good.

Lots to look forward to next month as The International Horse Agility Club starts its Summer of Sport. Its not too late to join if you want a fun filled summer with your horse.  https://www.thehorseagilityclub.com/join-the-club/

Keep smiling, catch up soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment